Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 K5 For Sale - 14B rear, NEW 700R4, Sale Price Update!

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 1986Blazer, Jul 11, 2004.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

1986 Chevrolet Blazer K5 4X4
    6" Tuff Country Lift Kit
    35" ProComp X-Terrain Tires (LT315-75-R16)
    16" Rims
    NEW 1 ton 14 Bolt Rearend 4.56 Gears
    NEW 1 ½ Ton Driveshaft
    NEW 700R4 Transmission
    NEW 350 Crate Motor
    NEW Heddman Headers
    New Accessories - A/C, Water Pump, Radiator, Alternator, P/S Pump
    NEW Power Steering Gearbox
    Professionally Rebuilt Quadrajet
    Entire Interior covered with Rhino Lining
    KC Light Bar
    Custom Front Bumper with Winch Mount
    Custom Rear Bumper with Spare Tire Mount
    NEW Battery

http://www.antibeancoalition.org/KeyWestK5.html

This Blazer has been a project since I bought it used in 1995. Since then I have worked on it and added to it but since I live in Key West, it has proven to be quite awkward. Here is the story about it. I listed the above items as NEW even though some have been installed for 4 years or so. Since being in Key West, I have driven the truck less than 15,000 miles. The lift kit, tires and rims are two years old and there is minimal tread wear. The Rear End is NEW. I installed it at the same time as the lift kit. I bought the rear end NEW IN THE CRATE from a ColoradoK5 member that had access to military auctions. I is a true 1 ton which means the shock mounts and spring perches are in the wrong place. When I installed the rear end, I had to make two makeshift spring perches (see my website for more details) and they are working fine. One of the things that needs to be done to the truck is proper spring perches need to be installed (I can have new spring perches ready for install to the buyer - I will order them from my supplier). This needs to be done regardless because the drive angle of the rear end needs to be adjusted. The front axle is NOT 4.56. I was in the process of re-gearing it but never finished it. I have the old differential from the old rear end that can be used to install new 4.56 gears and quickly swapped into the front differential. The front axle has been converted to 8 lug. The air conditioner compressor is new and works awesome. The A/C is not working at the present time, a buddy accidently caused a hole in the condensor but all other aspects of the A/C system are fine. The ENTIRE engine bay electrical system was rewired.

Please view my website for more details regarding all the work done to this truck. Please email me with any questions.

The value of the rear end new is over $1,500 and it has less than 8,000 miles on it. The 700R4 is a NEW transmission installed by my local GM Dealer. It is STRONG and had not been modified. The shifts are solid! The Transfercase is a NP208. The Engine is a GM Crate Motor and has had the oil changed every 3K miles or 3 months...... I usually had to do it every three months since I do not drive very much. The front bumper is from Brown’s Welding in New Braunfels, Texas. New, it cost $650 and has an included winch plate. It is powder coated and is showing very little wear. I welded on a small light bracket where I have two KC lights installed. The rear bumper is custom built by myself. Details are available on my website. It is VERY strong and parts are made of ½" steel. This bumper can be removed and a factory bumper reinstalled if needed. The rear window was shattered about 4 months ago. I have not had time to replace it but I do have the replacement window which I ordered through the LMC catalog.

Extra Parts: I have a long list of extra parts for the buyer. They include Brake Calipers from a 1971 Cadillac El Dorado with the parking brake attachments. These are for a rear disk brake installation. New front window seals, new rear brake lenses for left and right side, a spare front wheel spindle, a spare NP208 transfercase (it needs to be rebuilt but it does work and could serve as a back up transfercase). I have an enormous amount of new bolts and washers for all different parts of the truck that I ordered from LMC Truck. I will have a photo of these extras on the website or on the auction page. I have a spare harmonic balancer. I am including my custom Subwoofer box with a 8" JBL Subwoofer - see my webpage. This is an awesome box. It fits on a rear wheel well. You’ll see when you look at the webpage. The old door panels were awful so I will include the two NEW aftermarket door panels I purchased but never installed. I will include the old beat up truck manuals that I have used for years.

Shipping: I am willing to drive this vehicle as far North as Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Which makes it easier to pickup since flying into Key West is expensive. However, you are more than welcome to pick it up here. Buyer will be responsible for a $100 charge for me to drive to Fort Lauderdale. This is to cover the cost of car rental so I can get back to Key West and a little extra for gas. I am looking for $2500 but will NOT refuse any reasonable offer!!! Email with any questions!!!! keywest@sprynet.com

2. chevy_addict

chevy_addict 1/2 ton status

Re: 86 K5 For Sale - 1 Ton Rear, NEW 700R4, Crate 350, Custom Rims, 35\'s

Link doesn't work

3. 1986Blazer

Link Fixed....Thanks!

4. 1986Blazer

OK, I just got a job offer and I need to get rid of my truck before I can go..... I am not offering it for $1,500.
    The rims, tires, rear end and transmission are worth more than that.....
    Email me with questions.....