Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 sub k20 $700.00 and it is MINE!!! OK...Now I am in trouble...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Apr 20, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

It has a 350 and a 400/208 combo. I think it is a 14sf rear 10 bolt front. Inside needs to be redone. Drives fine sounds good. Body mounts need to be replaced. Where the rear tiers back is a bit rusty that ill fix over time. Now 700 bones??? What am I missing it just seems to good to be true? Can someone tell me what to look for when I back? I don't know what to think It just it to good to be true. What do you guys think? Mike

2. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

Re: 86 sub k20 $700.00 and it is MINE!!!!!

Well, I picked up my 87 Burb with 150k for $750, so I'd say they can be had at this price, just have to be in the right place at the right time, which I would say you were. A few of the things I think are causing the low pricing are gas prices, and the fact that there are two body styles newer than ours. That, and the rust usually scares people away.

Things I overlooked on mine were the body mounts, which are mostly OK, but the rear 2 sets need to be replaced, as well as patching the supports. The tailgate support was also rotted, and the tailgate would move around and squeek. I fixed the tailgate support already. Another thing that needed to be fixed right away was the fuel tank. It had a leak, so I replaced it, along with the sender, pump, and lines. Not cheap, but good insurance.

Good luck with it!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84CUCV

Thanks for the help. anybody else have anything to add? Mike

4. hoosierk3500

hoosierk3500 Registered Member

At that price,I was hoping that you had already went and bought it.It does sound a little too good to be true,but what the hell.For what you would be paying for it,you could afford to fix a few worn parts.I just wouldn't let the rust go too far,like I have on mine.Jason84k3500 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif85k2500 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. KShortell

KShortell Registered Member

Sounds like a pretty good find.

By the way, the rear body crossmember/tailgate support/body mount piece is now available as a replacement part! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I've been able to save enough of my original piece, but would have had to replace or fabricate one otherwise. The frame rails back of the rear axle can get a little rusty, but not too bad.

Good find!

Kevin
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. 84CUCV

86 sub k20 $700.00 and it is MINE!!! OK...Now I am in trouble.....

Thanks for the help guysWell, I didn't miss her. She was moved to a different spot. He told me I can have it for 500 he is tired of looking at it. This is killing me! I love to have another sub. Here is the problem. My yard looks like a Chevy truck scrap yard. I know the neighbors I tired of looking at my trucks. My one neighbors is real cool and hot, but that is a different story. The rest of them suck. So what would you guys do? What else should I look for on the sub? What about the 350? I have very little experience with gas motors. Thanks guys! Mike

7. 84CUCV

Re: 86 sub k20 $700.00 and it is MINE!!! OK...Now I am in trouble.....

Anybody have something to say???

8. Smurfmobile85

Smurfmobile85 1/2 ton status

I wish it were in my neck of the woods!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif At the very least, you could get it and sell the parts to us poor saps! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. 84CUCV

You are right! I am going for it. mike