Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'86 TPI Corvette 350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Apr 20, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

\'86 TPI Corvette 350

I recently happened upon a wrecked '86 Corvette for sale in the paper, cheap. I called, asking if he would selling the motor separate. The motor was not hurt in the wreck. It has been setting for 4 years in this guys garage. He said the motor had been rebuilt about 5,000 miles before the wreck. Can someone give me specs on this motor and give me an idea what I should pay for it. I will get to pull it out, so I will get complete harness, all sensors, ECM, manifolds, etc... I am going to look at it next week if the deal goes trough. I cant wait to join the pristine group of TPI K5's! Better not count my chickens before they hatch [​IMG]

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: \'86 TPI Corvette 350

How much for the whole vette?

3. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I have not done a swap using a vette harness but have read it contains to many electronic circuits in it making it very difficult to use, just my .02 cents worth. P.S. the ecm should be the favorable one.Tommy

4. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure 350 245hp aluminum heads, mass air-flow system. In AZ the motor would sell for about $1200-2000 with everything, including the radiator fans. I would ask the guy how he built the motor, was it stock rebuild, or did he put a cam or Chip?

My motor sat for about 1yr(it had about 24K), when i put it in, the rod mains lasted about 200-300 miles. I had to pull the motor and grind crank etc. It has about 110K on it now Make sure you go through the motor, pull the pan etc. and break it in like it was new. Get the flex plate, I think the motor has the one-piece rear main seal like my 88 IROC TPI. I not sure about that one.

Good luck

Michael