Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86k5 going in to the shop for brakes and a few things

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, Sep 12, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

carb needs retuned
    brakes need atleast pads/shoes, mabye new rotors/drums as well

im gonna have them check a noise the rearend keeps making. Around turns it sounds like a locker engaging/disengaging.

Im thinking that the posi isny letting go as easily as it should....either way, needs checked before it breaks. its been doing this for something close to 6 months. So i doubt its fatal.

Thermostat needs checked. Its either bad or i have a radiator leak.

Any other regular stuff i should have checked while its in there? Hasnt been in a garage in over 9 months or so.

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

ouch...

I amnotknocking you for payingto have others work on your truck..

but for some people here a bill for all that work is around 1/2 what their truck is worth /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Do you not have a shop or access to one? tools?

I fnot I can see your situation, also may be alot cheaper to toss a fello ck5 grease monkey to help you out or perform the work for you /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

my family just built a new house, supposed to of built a new garage, with it, but they wont be able to get around to it til next spring....

and ive already tore up my knees and back working on the gravel more than i want to, lol

i usuaully do my own work though, yes

the brakes, thermostat stuff isnt hard, i could do that myself, but the rearend, leaky radiator....plus parents offered to pay for it, so who am i to argue