Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86K5 (Update with price)

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by tecton, May 7, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Selling the rig. Need a more fuel efficent vehicle. I have a loan that i need to pay off, so i have a minimum.

Information about the truck----
    86K5
    350 out of a suburban (20,000'ish miles, add 40 a day)
    Newly Rebuilt 700r (mabye 6-7,000 miles on it)
    Edlebrock 1406 Carb (electric choke, 600cfm)
    Wieand Intake
    Full length headers (not sure of brand)
    Glasspacks and new catalytic converters, with side/rear exit tail pipes.
    3.42 gears open front, eaton posi rear (10bolt both)
    Interior, front seats are out of a pontiac something or other, exellent condition, non smoker. Rear seat is in exellent condition as well. Dash is exellent also.
    33x12.5 Wide Climber MT's Front tires are about bald, rear tires are still +50%
    15x8 KMC Talon Wheels. Wheels shine very nicely.
    Uhaul hitch installed. Lights and electrical all working correctly. There is a stereo in it, JVC flip down head unit with remote, 2 600w amps, 2 10inch subs, 2 6x9's. If you want the stereo add in 200$ to the price, but if i were you i wouldnt want it because i am not as neat as i should be and it looks like a rats nest back there. Everything works fine though. I have all recipts for the work done on the truck over the past year and a half ive owned it. NEVER wrecked it, or scraped another vehicle. The rear end makes a nice noise around corners sometimes, but it has a fresh eaton posi and that may be the culprit.(still drives...no probs, grabs like a bitch off road, so i figure its supposed to do that)

To be blunt, when i bought this truck i didnt know crap. I know 500x as much as i did thanks mostly to this site. There are things that ive done to this truck, squirly wiring of the taillights and the horn on my steering wheel kept popping off to i put a button for it in hte dash under the cd player. Stuff like that. Tires need to be balanced and brakes checked. But im sure if i can find a buyer all of these things can be taken care of before hand.

I have towed 2 tons 100 miles without problem one. I trust this truck with my life, and the life of others. I trust that it is a safe and solid vehicle. Short of balancing the front tires it rides like a dream. Top is in good shape, i think i cracked the paint flexing it though, nothin major. The rust on the vehicle is at the rear wheel openings Not very much rust at all actually. I was planning on fixing it myself this summer. But $ dictates everything. Regular oil changes and if something weird happens its in the shop the next day getting it checked out. I babied this motor and rarely take it past 3,000 rpm. 4wd works. I put in some manual hubs and still have the autos if you prefer. I have literally hundreds of pictures of the truck, so ill post a few, but if you want to see something specificly, send me a PM and i can walk 10 feet to the driveway and have it to you in a few minutes.

Send me a PM with offers. Best offer after a few days or so wins. lets keep the offers out of the post, just questions about the truck. yes this is my first time selling a vehicle to if you can give me any pointers id appreciare it. im only 19, heh.

Picture
    Picture
    Picture
    Picture
    Picture
    Picture
    im located in southern WV 25880
    ------------------
    4500$

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Re: 86K5 (Silent Auction Style)

no replies or nothin

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

the silent auction thing is a good idea, but I don't think it will work here on this site. I really think you should just post up what you think its worth and how much you want and go from there. A lot of people don't want to be insulting and might not make an offer because they have no idea what you think its worth, ie someone offers $2000 and you really want $4000, etc.

It's a nice looking truck though, good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I was gonna PM him with a $50 offer and see what happens after a few days. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

hmmm

perhaps i will post up a price and see how it goes