Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 2wd suspension (front) on a 70' c-10?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Apr 24, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

87 2wd suspension (front) on a 70\' c-10?

Okay, I heard that this is a bolt on idea. IF so what years bolt on. Im interested in a model with big block springs or at least that can fit big block springs.
    juan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Re: 87 2wd suspension (front) on a 70\' c-10?

I read about this before try a search, but I believe that it is bolt on. But why don't you just put big block springs, or even lift springs, or a spacer in your old front end. It would be less work and as far as I know they're the same front end.

3. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

after re reading I get the impression your not trying to lift it but want to run a big block, there fore lift coils or spacers are not what you want.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

it does not matter what year engien suspension cradle you have if you are wanting to put big block springs in, you can put them in the cradle you have right now, all same deal, balljoints changed design in 71, uppers and lowers both changed, in 73 the uppers changed and lowers remained same and the 73-up arms use rubber shaft bushings instead of solids liek in 63-72 all series, and 73-up 3/4 and 1 ton series.

thnaks
    R

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I want to prerunner my c-10 and I heard that newer chevy 2wd suspension was better. I a saw a c-10 that had bbsprings added to it for prerunning (of course this is all before they went to centerpivot a-arms (I just can't afford that) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif