Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87/88 tbi fuel lines Where Do They go?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, May 20, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Okay the two lines that connect to the throttle body itself? There are two ports. There are two lines. One is bent in a 90 degree and the other is straight. Does the 90 go on the port closest to the drivers side or passenger side? Thanks for all the help fellas

2. JAKDUPBLUK5

JAKDUPBLUK5 Registered Member

I jsut replaced the throttle body on mine and If i remember right it is the one closest to passenger but im not toally sure. The real way to tell is to go down by your transmission bellhousing where the lines are clamped together where they are flexible and follow them up and strighten them out so they are perfectly side by side up there. From there it should be obvious up top. If i remmebr right, at the engine the lines were blanatnly bent towards their prospective ports. it shouldnt be that hard to figure it out. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Well the lines are out of a donor truck and the tbi system is now on my blazer. I guess what I need to ask is which one is the return port and which which one is the feed

4. JAKDUPBLUK5

JAKDUPBLUK5 Registered Member

ummmm.....

later today ill go look at which one comes out of the pump and ill get bac to you on that. Don't worry we'll get to the bottom of this. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Sounds fantastic, pm me with the info if possible or I'll just check back. I greatly appreciate it bro.
    juan

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Juan, you should have just called me. But when you lay them down so that the lines go down by the bell housing, there will be NO question. It'll only work one way... They snake through the garbage on the back, and the shapest bend *close to the TB* goes on the driver's side IIRC...

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess what I need to ask is which one is the return port and which which one is the feed

[/ QUOTE ]
    thats my question too. My lines are off a blazer up til the shackle ( I pulled them and mounted them)then I got a set of upper lines off a caprice(buddy handed to me). which side is the feed??

-Jeremy