Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87-91 turquoise chevy blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hardcore_rob, Apr 3, 2005.

1. hardcore_rob

hardcore_rob 1/2 ton status

If anyone sees or knows of a blazer matching this description driven by a 25 - 30 year old 160-200 pound hispanic/white female Please let me know. She was driving about 90-100 mph in the south side of denver near county line and I-25, riding peoples bumpers and cutting them off. Well she caused my wife, myself and 6 year old caughter to slam head first into a concrete guard rail at about 65 mph, across 3 lanes of traffic. There were no injuries thank god, but this lady didnt even have the guts to stop after she caused this high speed wreck. She just sped off. The city of Lone Tree PD , officer Dan Andreas is who is working the case. If we had been in my jeep today instead of her saturn we would have definatlely rolled and probably all died. I am so angry that people could be so insentive to other peoples lives.. could be a springs vehicle as she was heading that way. I am keeping my eye out for her.

rob

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Glad you and Fam are OK.

I hope they confiscate the K5!! :mad:

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Wow.....

Glad you got out of it intact!--I seem to attract drivers just like that every time I leave my yard--it sucks to go anyplace any more,its like a mad max movie on the roads here all day,people are complete selfish morons on the roads here---and the police dont do anything to prevent it--they just sit and wait for a wreck,and take the names and other info,they rarely stop anyone for tailgating,speeding,or talikng on their cell phones and weaving in and out of heavy traffic at 80+ mph...

I'd say 4 out of 5 drivers here are drunk,stoned,or on heroin or crack,( or are just plain retarted!),they are insane on the highways here--I have felt like I'm drivivg a magnet in my newest car I just got--seems like they head right for me...

After an accident,they leave all the broken glass,hubcaps,bumpers and trimwork from the wrecks in the middle of the road most of the time,causes even more accidents when someone nails a sharp edged hubcap and blows a tire...or swerves to avoid it at the last second..

I hope they catch her,and throw the book at her,( and you sue the Sh** out of her too!)-although she likely wont get the sentence she deserves for nearly killing you and your family,I hope you will be able to at least ream her a@@ out for driving like a complete savage on the highway like so many others do--and get away scot free...I wish I had gun when I'm driving around here lately--or that I was in my plow truck when they start their road rage!... :mad:

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

For fun I just looked at my cite stats in my career.... I wrote over 10,000 citations ... thats a lot for a non traffic crime car deputy....
    I think that must mean some of us try?
    Some people think we write too many for too much chicken stuff.... (which btw are the things that cause accidents)
    others think we dont do enough enforcment....

use a cell phone and call on idiot drivers..... I just loved pulling someone over and telling them... you have been phoned in as an idiot driver and now you're getting an idiot ticket
    We even have a new road rage law on the books here....

btw rob
    I am really happy that the people involved werent injured....

You didnt say if it was a full size... if so the color would not be factory and unusal and stick out like a sore thumb.... some of the paint shops in the area might be a good source
    good basic reasoning....
    look at a map.. whats close... where might she have been going?
    mall? work location?
    what time of day was it.... will she possibly be using the route again at that time (commute time?)
    I hope this helps a little....

cam

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Road rage law and cell phone put my father in for 3 months. A car load of idiots in FL kept riding his ass, passing him then slowing down, swerving across the lane, repeating these things. They almost sideswiped him twice so he got tired of it and the next time they passed him he rolled down his window and started yelling at them. Well they speed off and call the cops on him. He was working out of town and his pistol wasn't registered in that state so when they pulled him they got him for a conceled weapon. The callers claim he was waving a gun at them. He said it was his fist and if he had waved his gun they wouldn't have been able to call the police. Its been 2 years now, and he still says it was his fist. After 3 months in jail (where he almost die because they refused to give him his diabetic medication) and about $25,000 later he says he'll be the one who calls the police next time.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hell, I'll just send our investigator up there. Seems he has a knack for tracking stuff like this down..............

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I think the problem is that there is no regulation of breeding in the US. The idiots outnumber the police infinite billions to 1. I think the cops do all they can, there is just too much to do. How about a 30% tax increase to hire enough patrolmen (and patrolwomen to be PC :rolleyes: ) to catch all the idiots?

8. Afireinside

Afireinside Registered Member

Glad to here your o kay,I live in aurora and am out that way all the time so if you could be more detailed about the blazer i'll keep my eyes out.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Not blaming the cops...

I dont mean to sound like I'm blaming the cops!--its the drivers,there are SO many doing it,NO amount of cops could catch them all!!--there are a limited number of police in my small town for such a large amount of traffic,and shoplifters at Wal-Mart,and other crimes keep them busy and the few times they have any radar speed traps its just to scare a few folks into slowing down some-So they just kind of gave up trying until the past few weeks.-

-Its become the norm here to drive badly and rudely,and get away with it--its gotten out of hand again..now they will have their hands full trying to curb the poor driving habits everyone has become used too..

The main problem is on the highway Wal-Mart is on--its supposed to be patrolled by state police,so our town cops dont really get involved there(the worst traffic spot in town too)but they are stretched thin too-- if their presence was seen for a few days in certain areas,I'm sure things would improve some--to their credit,recently a government grant has allowed them to start more "road rage" patrols--

And I hope they write lots of tickets to the ones who push me down the road 15+over the limit,and still try to pass in dangerous curves,etc,while yapping on the cell phones--I'd call them in if I had a cell phone after pulling off the road into a parking lot--but they would not catch them 90% of the time,takes too long to get a cruiser near them--by then they are in another town 5 minites later...and its their problem....

All I know is I feel like never leaving the yard anymore unless absolutely nessasary!--cant even go a few miles without meeting some jerk who is hellbent on harassing you while driving...it sucks.like high gas prices arent bad enough...I used to love driving,now its an ulcer growing experience...I can imagine the cops are frustrated a great deal too,not being able to do more about it--its all the fault of the idiots who think the road belongs only to them,and can drive any dam way they please,without any consequenses...and the hell with the "other guy"... :mad: