Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 blazer check engine light

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WillHe3rd, Feb 28, 2005.

1. WillHe3rd

WillHe3rd Registered Member

lame, but no info in hayens

I just put headers on my 87 with a 350 TBI (no exhaust yet) and now my temp gauge isnt working. I cant find any info on sensors or senders in my hayens manual. Could it be just coinsedence? And, where can I find a 3"T to conect the pipes coming from the heads? I spent an hour or so looking for one with no luck. nd one last thing,where is the check engine light in an 87? Is it on the speedo? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS i searched the forums for this stuff with no luck, if its out there I could use some directions. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Check engine light is either in the speedo or the fuel gauge, can't remember which. If everything is working correctly, turning the key to run will light it. If it's not coming on, pulling the cluster is almost a necessity, and since the cluster comes out as one piece, it's actual location isn't super important.

The gauge temp sender is located on the drivers side head, between/above the #1 and #3 spark plugs. Mines a dark green wire. It will be a single wire/connector, whatever the color.

Typically the header makers sell a y-pipe for your application, have you checked with them? That sounds like what you are looking for.

3. WillHe3rd

WillHe3rd Registered Member

Thanks for your help. I didnt even think of checking with the manuf. of the headers. Sometimes it takes another brain to think of what I should have figured out.