Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 blazer-fullsize rear window help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by alfieboy, May 29, 2005.

1. alfieboy

alfieboy Registered Member

Anyone know ehere I can get a rear window drive cable.. Im stranded an dcannot get the glass to go up or down.. unbolted glass..manually push it up..gears locked tight.. no way to really blacok it so it wont fall..
    Help please .. email or call me..ILl call back so no LD is incurred! 804-283-1951
    ...also need to replace the rubber gasket to stop the rain from going inbetween the glass and tailgate.....

thanks
    Rick

:frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1:

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

get a can of PB Buster or two and spray the sh** outta the arm linkage, that'll free it up enough to unbolt only the drive gear in the top left corner (3 bolts and knock it rearward). You can then manually move the window up and down... use a bungee to hold it down, and bolt the drive gear back in to lock it up.

I had the same problem, and right now that was my solution until i can find said cable for myself :)

3. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

hey, since i have an 87 too i will ask my question. when i had the tail gate on, the window wouldnt go all the way down, it would have about an inch left and wouldnt go anymore. is this normal? or is it messed up somewhere?

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

it's normal

5. alfieboy

alfieboy Registered Member

window

stuck a 2x6 in in for now to hold up..(unbolted tracks.....).. no sense in unbolting gears..
    bu tnow to find the damn cable.....

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

What i was talking about was the drive gear that the cable attaches to, if you take out the three bolts and give it a good poke it just gets behind the left (as you look at it) gear/arm and mount, and to put it back you just reach around and grab it, line up the 3 holes and thread the bolts in... 3/8" socket and ~2" extension is all you need