Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 Blazer heat A/c blower troubles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackguns, Aug 28, 2006.

1. blackguns

blackguns Newbie

I've got an 87 full size blazer, 350, 5.7 and a while ago the high setting on the blower went out. The lower setings work fine. I checked a few things at the hi blower relay and here is what I found: 12 v on red wire, voltage on orange when turned on, grounds check out, voltage on dk blue wire from blower resistors seems to be fine although there is voltage there when set on high also(don't know if this matters), there is 12 v at the connector on the blower end of the purple wire when disconnected but when i plug it in, bye bye voltage. If the blower is bad, that would cause problems for all settings right? A direct 12v from the battery gets it goin. I have tried a new relay and no change. I'm not too far from just wiring in a separate toggle switch between the battery and blower. If anyone has any other things to look for I'd appreciate it.

2. 02turbogixxer

02turbogixxer Registered Member

I had this same problem on my 78 T/A and I just replaced the resistor and BAM. Works like a Champ now.

3. nemesis_pyros

nemesis_pyros 1/2 ton status

I had a problem like this with my jimmy. I took the switch out and replaced it with another one also cleaned up some crappy hack job wiring from the PO.