Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 Burb 1500 4X4 $4500, CO Springs

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by 74poj, Aug 11, 2006.

1. 74poj

74poj Registered Member

1987 Chevy Suburban 1500 4X4

I am listing this for a friend of mine; however, I did much of the work to it and have driven it on occasion. Extremely solid truck, bought in 2003 in Montana. Montana does not use salt on their roads, this is one of the cleanest bodies I’ve ever seen, not rust free, but about 95% rust free. Previous owner kept all maintenance records and will be provided; current owner should have all receipts for maintenance since purchase. Used as a mall cruiser fam wagon and campings trips, not abused. A little more about the truck:

TBI 350, 700R4, I believe t-case is NP-208, stock 10 bolts-unsure of ratios, front and rear A/C, third seat, front captains chairs, ladder and luggage rack, older chrome brush guard, 40 gal gas tank, custom dual exhaust with stainless tips, keyless entry for front doors, K & N Filter

2003: 2 ½ in tuff country lift installed, 4 new springs-no blocks, new shocks, new brake lines in front

2004: new radiator, radiator hoses, belts, alternator, Alpine head unit with XM capabilities professionally installed at Car Toys CO Springs, 5 new 33x10.50x15 BFG/AT’s

2005: ORD zero rates added to rear to help with typical sag, ORD HD greaseable front shackles, Rancho dual stabilizer, 700R4 rebuilt at AAmco CO Springs

2006: Infinity amp and 12” JL subs, two stage electric shock sensor car alarm with two keyless front door locks all professionally installed at Car Toys CO Springs, new power steering hoses, new front brakes pads/rotors

Known problems: A/C has been switched over to 134-leak in system somewhere and won’t hold a charge, typical Chevy paint peel on hood, tear in drivers seat, mileage is unknown-not sure how many times it has rolled over-runs strong and very reliable-previous owner claimed engine rebuild but did not provide paperwork, rear bumper dented-passengers rear quarter dent- see pics

Good candidate for just about anything, was a DD, could be built up further or left as is. Excellent body and frame to start with. I think it also as cruise, but don’t hold me to it.

Asking $4000. Motivated seller, all offers entertained.

Contact owner to view at bumblebeeliz@yahoo.com

DSCF1195.JPG

DSCF1197.JPG

DSCF1198.JPG

DSCF1199.JPG

DSCF1201.JPG

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  2. 74poj

74poj Registered Member

one more pic

one more pic

DSCF1204.JPG