Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'87 burb fuel delivery (lack of)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shane74, Sep 24, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

\'87 burb fuel delivery (lack of)

Ok, I am trying to help my bro-in-law get is '87 burb back on the road. The problem is no fuel from the pump to the TBI. We replaced the fuel pump because that's what the shop he took it to said was wrong. Well, it isn't! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I looked in my books last night, and figured I'd check the relay and the in-line fuse. Can anyone tell me where they are located on the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif After that, I'm at a loss. Is this a common problem in the TBI /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif's? has anyone ran across this and found it was a simple easy fix?? Dropping the tank sucked! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Especially since it was mostly full! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Anyway, I could use some ideas and advice. Thanks!

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Re: \'87 burb fuel delivery (lack of)

Did you test to see if there is power at the fuel pump when you turn the key on? If no power then a couple possible problems are Fuel pump relay or oil pressure switch.

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I haven't had a chance to test the electrical yet. I will be doing that this week. I saw in the elec./ schematic to check those. Also, It could be a bad ground. I might be able to get over there tonight or Friday night. I am just looking to get ideas and possible solutions before hand. It's an hour drive, and I don't want to get stumped within 15 minutes and have to turn around and head home. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and I like to go well informed! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

This might help too: /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

Check the relay too. There should be a loose wire dangling there that if you apply 12v to the pump should crank.

-Dan

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Very cool! That is much better than the diagram I have. Thanks! I didn;t make it over there last night, so I guess I'll be going tomorrow night.

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If your ignition module is bad, the fuel pump won't send any fuel. Same thing for the pickup coil in the distributor. I had those go out on mine and the fuel pump would not turn on.