Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 firebird with ccc does it have a o2 ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrider_44s, Sep 16, 2004.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

the parts store sold my buddy a o2 sensor for his car 87 firbird with the ccc quad but i don't think it has one i cant see one the only place it might have been is in the cat but the muffler shop cut that out /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif i can't see them cutting it out /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif maby /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    is there suppose to be o2 some where

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

More than likely it did . Is this engine original ? It is supposed to be on the drivers side manifold near the bottom . It should be a 305 if its a stock 4bbl car . Hard to believe but 73 perent of the firebirds came with 4bbl carbs that year , and they were only available on 305's . 350's got fuel injection /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

yea it is a stock 305 i never saw a o2 but i'll look again i was concentrating on the passanger side i thought they are usally there i didn't even think it would have one but i'm not to up to date on the newer stuff is there any way cutting out the cat could make it run shitty? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well an 02 sensor problem will put it in the wrong mode . It will go rich to get you home . The exhaust will of course change things some , if the cat is gone the sensor may not get enough heat , Dorian may know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

CCC uses O2 in cars.

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

WHat about in the exhaust manifold on the passenger side?