Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 JIMMY LIFT??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BH Jimmy, May 23, 2000.

1. BH Jimmy

BH Jimmy Newbie

How is everybody doin? I'm nineteen and have had my Jimmy for five months. -Question- Installing a body lift. Are the body mount nuts welded so you only have to loosen the bolt. Cause my floor seems to have a peice of sheetmetal welded at each mount. Also six inch suspension lift additional modifications consist of: lowering T-case, lengthening brakelines, dropped drag link or steering arm. Did I miss anything? Maybe I should just go up four?

Thank you for any help any one can give me.

To anyone haveing trouble with their power windows. JC Whitney brand new motors 53 bucks. Had no clue what I was doing and got it working in under an hour. Do it with the window up. Dont cut off your fingers.

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Your also going to need to get your drive shafts lengthened. Your front shaft probably won't even reach, mine didn't. - Doug

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Ahhh yes, lifting my '87Jimmy. I know all about that crap!! I just lifted mine 6" and love it. Instead of dropping the T-case, I went ahead and had my driveshaft lengthened. That seems to be working great. The 6" lift doesn't look too big or too small for that matter. The 4" steering arm was used and the drag link came down enough, so that wasn't a problem. The front shaft will need to be lengthened also. The 6" requires a little more, like brake lines, lengthened shafts, etc., but overall I wouldn't want anything else. That's another thing, BRAKE LINES, make sure you get some, because my stock ones are about maxed out. I just need to put the new ones on. If you have any questions, just feel free to ask. Good luck.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)