Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 Jimmy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Jan 31, 2004.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I saw a for sale sign on an 87 Jimmy yesterday. It looks to be about as cherry as can be for something that year. No price and there was no phone number on the sign. I went to his house and there was no answer. I would like to know what anyone thinks one of those would be worth. I know mileage counts, but I would say it looks to have maybe 100K. It looks perfect.

2. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Well the price can be dirt cheap to out or know where i paid 5000 for mine and my dad bought one a few months ago with a newly rebuilt tranie just needed paited and there was a spot of rust tin the floor for 1000 it was a steal.
    The price can vary jsut make sure its not rusty and stuff escially the floors.

Clint

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Mileage, options, overall condition will affect what it would be worth. has it been repainted?? any visable damage?

4. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I would say that it has not been painted. I bought a garaged 1980 trans am recently and it had 37K miles and is white. From my point of view, I would say that the paint was about the same and the body is totally straight. I have a 1990 white Silverado K5, and it looks a hellof alot better than mine and mine has been painted. That's why to me it looks like a cherry. I don't know the options that it has.

5. rooferbret

rooferbret 1/2 ton status

I bought my 87 jimmy for $2000 It has ac 10 bolts w373s new paint inside and out (white was orange) 50k on the 350 and 700r4 also brand new dunlop 32s. I think I got a great deal.

Bret