Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 k30 need some info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kumma, Jul 24, 2001.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i was looking for pick-ups for work and i found an 87 1 ton 4x4 for sale. 454 motor, new trans don't know auto or manual, i havent been able to get ahold of the guy yet. is the big block tbi like my 87 jimmy and what tranny/transfer case/axles might this have. what should i look for when i check it out. i would post on the truck section but it gets very little action. oh he's askin $2500

Craig

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Rust, look for rust!!!!!!

Take a fridge magnet with you and stick it everywhere. Where it dont stick it aint metal!!!!

Beer!!!! Its not just for breakfast anymore!!.[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just get it. For that money a locked up 454 and the axles would be worth it, not to mention the rest of the truck.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Definately worth it! Axles Dana60 front and Corp 14 bolt Full Floater rear. Transfer Case NP205. Tranny TH400 (I would bet automatic since he said it was replaced) if it was manual I think it would be the SM465. Contact Wes (A.K.A. ThatK30Guy) he knows 1 tons better than I do.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?