Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 k30 stolen [reward $500] [update]

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4k20, Jul 16, 2003.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

someone stole my brothers 87 silverado k30 been in family since 1990 reward $500 its black with a green camoflauge bed easy to spot stole from his home in senoia ga. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

Re: 87 k30 stolen [reward]

Is it a dually or single rear wheel? I'll keep an eye out.

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

single rear wheel. front bumper bent. chrome wheels with new bf goodrich ats. maybe headed to mexico i have heard alot of trucks being sent down there ..

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifDamn that sucks sorry to hear that man Ill keep my eyes open over here Im like 15 mins from senoia. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif basterds /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Got a pic? e-mail it to me & I'll post on here if you need me to. jbear4x4@bellsouth.net

7. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i will see if i can find one .also the hood is off a m1008 so if you see a black k30 with a camoflauge bed and hood you will know thats it . any and all help is apperacated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

man, i hate fawkin thieves.. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    about a month ago some bastids stole my brothers pickup. we got lucky with that one because we got it back with just a busted column and an empty gas tank..

i hope you find it

9. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

thev truck was recovered this evening. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif its stripped /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif the engine transmission and doors are gone but at least we still got the dana 60 and rear left /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Glad to hear that you got at least most of it back. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif But wouldn't ya just love to pan-fry the balls of the guys that stole it? (While still attached to the perpetrator(s) of course!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I'm just curious why none of the off roading community that holds their trucks dear have a Lojack installed in their truck? I have one installed in mine for this very reason, if it gets stolen it will be found.

12. HarryH3

A) Lojack doesn't work everywhere. They have no coverage at all in the state of Colorado. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

B) I've heard that car thieves long ago figured out that the signal from a Lojack unit in a car is very weak. Parking it inside of a building made completely of steel keeps the signal inside the building long enough for them to strip the vehicle far enough to find and disable the unit. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Oh, I did not know that.

14. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Get creative here guys. There is all kinds of things you can do to make your ride hard to get away with. My wife still has to ask me how to start/drive mine when she uses it. Someday I am gona print her out a manual on the operation. If it won't start in a few seconds of cranking the guy will be gone. Too much risk and time to figure out they just move on. A friend of mine wired up a cattle prod to the seat if you didn't shut the switch off under the seat before jumping in you got the jolt of a life time. I don't think a would be thief ever felt it but we sure did have fun with it.

15. HarryH3

I checked the Lojack website and it loooks like they do offer their service in at least part of Colorado now. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif But a quick look didn't turn up a coverage area map. Unless they have started using satellite technology, then the mountains of Colorado block their signals. (Even cell phones and pagers don't work in many areas outside of the major population centers of Colorado).

When I lived in the Boston area several years ago, Lojack was a big seller there. But then car thieves figured out that New Hampshire didn't have Lojack coverage... So cars would be stolen in Massachusetts, then driven the 60-90 minutes it takes to get well inside of New Hampshire, then stripped and chopped there. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

16. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

there are so many easy low cost do it yourself ways to prevent theft. everything from electric fuel pump cutoffs if you have one, switches in the ignition circuit, etc... I would be very cautious of using booby trap type methods because in this day and age if a car theif gets injured inside your vehicle from a booby trap they can press charges and probably file a civil suit even though they were in the vehicle to steal it. They can also endanger the lives of rescue workers should they need to perform an extraction after an accident and accidentally engage a security system they did not know was there.

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Around here Lo-jack is a waste of money. Having the Microsofties here with all their fancy a$$ cars and expensive toys inside attracts the worst thieves /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    The bastards have a unit that picks up the signal the Lo jack puts out they find the unit and disconnect it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    IMO low buck is the way to go some switches and your in the best shape you can be.
    Ofcourse they use tow trucks here and many other places as well I'm sure. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif That sucks, but at least you got it back (most of it anyway). Hope you find the bastard that stole it and string him up by his balls /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

19. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

yea it really does suck i went out to the tow service today and payed it out and had my tow driver pick it up. i felt real bad when i seen it . the truck belongs to my brother but i felt as bad as if i were the owner because i do have a 79 k20 that i built up to a k30 adding a dana 60 to mine its black just like his . i have allways wanted to have the 87 k30 it was loaded with everything power. and with the 454 fuel injection engine with the 400 and 205 it was a bad ass truck it would take off and leave alot of fast high dollar cars off the line . hell my brother went out and bought him a 99 vette but he liked the truck the most . the vette sets in the yard more than his k30 did but thats the one they took . whats so odd is that the k30 was recovered less than 10 miles from where it was stole we drove around the same road where it was found trying to spot it .. i seen a tow service that had a big fence around it and thought maybe thats where it may be. and as it turned out thats where i picked it up. they recovered it less than a mile from there location on a dirt road nuthing but deer leases on each side so i think they had something to do with it.. the area that they are in is a rural area with lots of drugs /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif well i am thru ranting for the time being

20. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

My theft protection: It's broken. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

In all seriousness though- i am at home alot, and if i am at home, you cannot steal it, it's a straight piped 350. you cannot get it out of my driveway because it is lower that the road and a large hill is in the way. if i know that no one will be home and it will be- i'll take one tire off and lock it in my house. if i take it somewhere and it's got the potential to be stolen i'll jam something in the rear shaft upper u-joint. like a large bolt or something. it'll hopefully bust the u-joint and they'll get scared away. and not be able to drive anywhere.

i hope i never forget, 100% so far though!