Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

`87 Olds 3800 DIS issues...

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by Russell, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys!

I've got a bit of an interesting problem, and could use some of the expert advice from some of you guys :)

My father just recently got himself an 87 Olds Delta 88, in non-running condition, after doing some checking, I've found that all the sensors are working properly except possibly the MAf, which I cannot easily test...

The car will start if you give it some throttle, but runs rough, and sounds like it has spark knock. The engine has next to no power, and will not rev at all. If you try and rev it, it bounces the timing back and forth, and sounds really unusual, big time bogging -- It smells funny too. It runs exactly how my TPI did before, when the knock sensor was non-op, and made the truck run static timing. I went ahead and replaced the coilpack, ignition module, EST module, knock sensor, plugs wires, and even the ECM with no improvement.

The only other possiblity that strikes me is either the crank or cam sensor, but both were just recently installed in an attempt to get the car running, and the ECM does not set any codes at all indicating a sync error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Russ