Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'87 Quad Headlight Diagnosis Needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

\'87 Quad Headlight Diagnosis Needed

Just replaced the right side, upper light due to old one going dim. Checked the lights after replacement, I have seen the light Amen, Hallejuah and blessed be the souls.

Here's my problem, when I flick the dimmer switch (turn signal), the left side upper light goes out, and the brights are working. Right side is also working like it should be.

So where's my areas of interest for fixing this problem?

It's not much of a big deal even though I'm getting ready to hit the road, outside of two hours in the dark, I shouldn't be caught out on the road after dark; but if it's a quick, cheap and easy fix (why can't women be like that?), I'll fix it before I turn the bow into the eastern sun on Monday........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: \'87 Quad Headlight Diagnosis Needed

The upper lights have dual filaments. 1 for low beam and 1 for high beam. Sounds like the high beam filament is burned out on your left one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: \'87 Quad Headlight Diagnosis Needed

[ QUOTE ]
    The upper lights have dual filaments. 1 for low beam and 1 for high beam. Sounds like the high beam filament is burned out on your left one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!!!!!!!

I thought about that while out to the archery range earlier and asked my mechanic about it since I'm not too bright on lights.............

So I'm just not going to worry about it until I upgrade here in the near future.