Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

87 tbi-carb switch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Jun 18, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

ok i just picked up an 87' tbi 350 with 64,000 original miles, it came out of a rolled conversion van and it has everything, serpintine setup a/c computer the works, anyways i am wanting to convert this to a carb, i have a set of 2.02 heads and a nice intake carb combo with a very healthy cam, is there anything else i need to be aware of? also i will be selling all the tbi stuff heads,intake, computer, distributer, all sensors, and whatever else goes with the tbi??? and the a/c compressor and serpintine setup too what is this stuff worth? what should a compression test read also? i just picked it up today and was gonna check everything over, oh yeah and the guy i got it from said the only bad thing about it was that it was a 1pc rear main seal.... whats so bad about that? does he even know what he is talking about? thanks for any input

2. bigbadchev84

somebody has to have some info for me here or do i have all my ducks in a row, i dont want any suprises

3. bigbadchev84

back to the top

4. bigbadchev84

ok well i started to disassemble the assecories off my motor yesterday and noticed there is no plave to install a mechanical fuel pump, so what now? anyone have any suggestions on what a cheap pump would be to run? also how many psi do i need?

5. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

holly edelbrock etc... summit has many to choose from for not much cash. As far as I know PSI doesn't need to be as high for carbs on summits site it should tell you.

What are you looking to get for all your TBI stuff?

6. rusty79beast

rusty79beast Registered Member

I'm just curious, but why would you want to swap out the TBI for a carb? I would think the benefits of fuel injection would be an added bonus both on and off road. Just my opinion, but if it were me I'd swap the TBI into my Blaze.

7. bigbadchev84

i have alot of money into the top end- cam, heads, intake,carb,etc. i dont think that the tbi is gonna give me the power that i want, plus it is simple, no sensors or crap like that to worry about, i would rather just sell the stuff to someone that would actually want the stuff. milage isnt really a concern to me, its not a daily driver or a rock crawler, mostly just the mud and some street use.

8. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

so what do you want for it I NEED IT tired of stalling out on the rocks! :D