Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88' 350 tbi- centerbolt heads and intake for sale

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by BayouBlazer88, Jul 10, 2003.

1. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

88\' 350 tbi- centerbolt heads and intake for sale

I just pulled these heads and intake off my 130k mile engine in favor of some vortec heads and intake. The valve seals in the heads probably need to be changed along with the valves because it smoked a little at startup. The intake is in good shape with the exception that some of the factory black paint has chipped away. Make an offer.

-The heads weigh about 50lbs a peice and my zip is 70506 if you want to estimate the shipping.

2. tim_87

tim_87 1/2 ton status

Re: 88\' 350 tbi- centerbolt heads and intake for sale

hey was thinking about doing the same to my ride. a 87 350
    tbi. what all did you have to do to change yours. also how much did it help?????

3. BayouBlazer88

Don't know yet, I just started this project a week ago. Hope to have the engine back in and running by Sunday. I'll let you know how well it runs.

4. BayouBlazer88

Sorry, I only gave you half the answer. Here's the other half: I put on brand new Vortec heads and intake, Edelbrock cam and lifters, pushrods, and timing chain set, CAT aluminum roller rockers, felpro performance head and intake gaskets, Sealed Power piston rings, and new ARP head and intake bolts. With all the parts together as well as some specialty tools I had to buy, I spent about $1600 total. If you just did the heads and intake you could do it for like $1000 with new gaskets and bolts.