Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'88 700r4/208

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by muddybuddy, Nov 29, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

got a 700r4/208 combo from my 1988 k5. they are both still in truck (as well as the complete 350TBI motor, also forsale check other thread). you can the truck and see how the tranny/t-case are before they are pulled as long as the motor isnt sold yet.

700r4 works fine, it was acting up over the summer during my 300mile drive home from the beach, (pissing fluid, i think from the rear seal expanded when it got hot) but once i let it cool down, and refilled with fluid it doesnt have any problems since then. its an 88, which is the "beefier" version of the 700r4 compared to the earlier ones. works fine as is, but i was planning to eventually rebuild it with performance parts, but have got a 4L80E now, so no need for it.

208 is in perfect working condition, i replaced the output seal less than 2k miles ago.

$300 for the pair. could deliver/meet within reason for some gas money. would consider separating them if theres interest.

2. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I am interested in the 700r4 atleast and maybe the whole thing. I need to play with Mapquest to see if this is reasonable.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

alright, my zip is 22039. rt. 81 should be the highway to TN from VA. we could meet in harrisonburg or something. let me know

4. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Ok, after chatting with you, I will take them both. Moving to PMs.

5. KGsK5

KGsK5 1/2 ton status

dammit... wish i saw this post sooner. if it falls through let me know.

thanks