Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 blazer 350 is stalling

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Dec 11, 2003.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifmy blazer will stall on me , and will not idle espesaly in reverse. It will stal if i don't keep on the gas, and in drive when i come off higher rev's. I am thinking mabey the idle being set wrong???? or mabey the choke stuck open/closed the truck dosent have a choke lite, so.. i can't tell and i really dont havr the $$$ to spend on it right now, when over budget buying it so HELP HELP ME keep my blazer running!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

IS it an automatic?

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yes it is an automatic, and i have noticed the it dose it a lot more when its hot, not so much when its still warming up. So i think its the choke. stupid thing, I just about hit some one in the snow today because of no power brakes!!

4. 99firehawk

Is it the worst when you slow down after you have been crusing at the same speed for a while?

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

TBI doesnt have a choke

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it the worst when you slow down after you have been crusing at the same speed for a while?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it will stall when i try to park(IN reverse) after driveing home (an hour or so), and some times when driveing as i go to make a turn or something it will just quit on me. If theres no choke i am really at a loss. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 99firehawk

It sounds like your torque convertor clutch isnt unlocking.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yes that dose make sence. sh*t how much is that going to cost? Would I need to replace the cluch? or the converter? or is there a quick/cheap fix i could do?

thanks firehawk for your imput this place is great dave in canada. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Unplug the wiring harness on the drivers side of the tranny. Drive it around. Problem still exist? If so, it's not the converter clutch.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i will pull that befor work tomorrow and see if it has any effect thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just don't do it for long periods of time, (days/months) unless you have an aux. tranny cooler. Leaving the thing unlocked can lead to extra heat buildup, which is a bad thing. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif