Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 burb lift advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by subway21, Dec 29, 2005.

1. subway21

subway21 Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to the site. I have a 88 burb I have been wanting to lift. I will not be using it as a off-roader much probably only on tame trails and maybe at the deer lease. I mainly want to keep the good ride and get the saggy rear end level. Probably won't tow much either. Everything on the burb is stock now. I also want to avoid doing anything that would cause the alignment of the drivetrain to have to be tinkered with. Off road design says do a 4" front spring and 6" rear to for sure get the rear up,won't that mess with the drive train? What would you guys do if it was youre truck?

2. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

The ORD guys are pretty sharp your in good hands over there. As far as drivline angle the 4'' front 6'' rear will be fine with yor long wheel base.I think 6'' on a shorter blazer is the limit on what you can do with out fixing the driveline angle.

3. subway21

Thanks for the advice, If I go with the 2" front and 4" back what size tire should I use without never rubbing?

Thanks for the help.

4. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

2" in the front will allow you to run 33x12.50 without any problems and is probably is large of a tire as you want to run on a burb with stock gears. Like stated above you ave such a long wheelbase you won't ave any drivetrain issues with any lift you choose. Spend the extra money to get a set of full replacement rear springs and don't use lift blocks

5. subway21

Thanks for the advice! What would be the nicest riding shock if I am mostly using for highway use and limited off-road? Are tha gas ones ord sells what I should get?

6. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

I have a Burb with a 4" lift with blocks in the rear.

After using it that way for a couple of years I am putting a 4" shackle flip and 2" spring in the rear to keep it "up" and get rid of the blocks.

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

For the rear, IIWY, I would use blocks. Cheap and easy.