Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 Clutch Problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chris12, Feb 4, 2007.

1. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    Its an 88 Blazer,put in new clutch setup and had the flywheel machined.Still no pedal.New slave cly,new hydro line,new master cly,still no pedal.It seems to get hard and then soft after a couple pushes on the pedal.Have also bent two master pushrods as the pedal gets so hard you can't push it and then it sudenly lets go and then the rod bends.I think i might be pulling air through possibly a defective new part.One more week and this is getting an auto.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

are you running stock multi finger clutch and all hydro parts along with the fork for hydro?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

This may sound dumb, but if like me you left the slave disconnected for a long time, then hop in and jam the clutch forgetting the slave is disconnected, you break the master pushrod. Has to be hooked up to the fork to play with the pedal. (I know you say you HAD pedal, so not sure if that's before or after you broke the master cylinder rod)

If you are breaking the master pushrod, you are running out of travel somewhere. Is the master pushrod one of the adjustable threaded kind?