Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 gvw / carrying capacity

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by utah88, Jun 28, 2002.

1. utah88

utah88 Guest

can anyone offer suggestions/info on how much carrying capacity my 88 full size has. the gvw sticker on t5he driver door is gone. it's an 88 with a 2 inch lift kit , medium - heavy duty shocks and 31x10.5 inch tires. i need to haul some heavy stuff in the back without killing my truck.

thanks

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

88 what? Blazer, pickup, dually, crewcab??? What Engine? Tranny? Axles?? We need details! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

4. utah88

utah88 Guest

sorry for the lack of info folks.

thanks for the patience with new people like me who know just enough too get into trouble.

it's a full size blazer, the engine is 350 8cyl, automatic transmission, i think the axles are the original standard, non-locking. the shocks are medium to heavy duty, and the lift kit is a two inch (same lift that i see on most full size blazers)

is there a book or a website (besides here) that has good info ? i have a haynes manual and that is a start for the basics but doesn't have everything.

why is it that there are a bunch of listings out there in car stores for oil change and other filter change catalogs and such for k10 and s10 and not k5 or full size blazer?

thanks again so much.

-k