Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'88 Jimmy - what would you pay?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pugsley, May 2, 2002.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

\'88 Jimmy - what would you pay?

Got a line on an 88 Jimmy, TPI 350, reman 700R4, other basic stock stuff, 4" lift new 35" BFG's and all the power/luxury goodies. Body is clean and rust free, a few questionable areas, but all in all good looking. Owner is asking $4500 - sound worth it?

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Re: \'88 Jimmy - what would you pay?

I bought my 87 for 4600 stock with all options and IMO it was worth it. At that time I was also looking at an 88 Jimmy with all options for 4700 also stock but with 33''s. I bought from the original owner and it was dealership maintained with all records and it was never offroad, that it is what made mine worth it. Check it for offroad abuse and see if the underside is caked with crud, if it is, I would pass for that price. If it looks decent, it ain't a bad deal.

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Re: \'88 Jimmy - what would you pay?

I got my 88 with 100,000 miles on it from the original owner with all the dealer records...etc. the motor had been replaced by gm after 30,000 miles due to a cracked block from the factory(still got the work order) i picked it up for 4800. came with a winch bumper and a 2.5 lift kit i put on a week after i bought it...

by the way if that thing is TPI not TBI its absolutely worth it...and when you get it ill buy the TPI and give you my TBI/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Later