Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 k5 rear axle problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jwill, Nov 28, 2004.

1. jwill

jwill Registered Member

Howdy. im just posting for the first time on coloradok5.com and im the owner of an 88 k5 with 4inch lift and 33x1250 bfg at's on 15x10 inch rims. ive noticed that the front wheels and tires sit out of the wheel well an inch on each side farther than the rears. why would the rear wheels and tires not be outside the wells as much as the fronts? im wondering if this is a common k5 problem? axle not wide enough? or is it my wheels and some custom backspace issue? thanks

jwill /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

All 4WD GM trucks and K5's are wider up front than in the rear.

The WMS of the front should be 67.5", and rear should be 65". 3/4 and one ton's are 69.5" up front and 67.5" rear.

They do make aluminum wheel spacers to bring the rear wheels out to the same width as the front if it really bothers you.

Rene

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

1st,
    welcome to the BEST K5/chevy truck website!
    2nd,
    What he said!
    [ QUOTE ]
    All 4WD GM trucks and K5's are wider up front than in the rear.

The WMS of the front should be 67.5", and rear should be 65". 3/4 and one ton's are 69.5" up front and 67.5" rear.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Yup...welcome! You'll love it!
    It did bother me and I got the spacers...which I currently have in a box somewhere after I went with my 14bolt. They are for the 6lug and worked great. I dont want to mod the thread at all, but I will sell them cheap...float me a PM.