Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 K5 vaccum line question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Trigger, May 7, 2003.

1. Trigger

Trigger Registered Member

I'm trying to figure out where every vaccum line goes. I have found a vaccum line that was in the incorrect location but now I have a vaccum line that is not hooked up to nothing. The vac line is plugged into the back center of the intake manifold. It was plugged into the map sensor. The vac line that runs out the back of the TBI is suppose to go into the map sensor, therefor leaving the vaccum line that is coming out of the center of intake manifold tangling there. If anyone could tell me where it goes that would be helpful or if you can email,post,give url, that would also be very helpful. I can't tell if the loud noise is coming from the gas shooting into the TBI or if it's a vaccum leak. My Chilton's doesn't show this line in it's diagrams. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

uuuummmmmm plug it and see what happens?? If there isn't a hole there isn't a hole. Hopefully someone who has a better idea of what to do will come along soon for you.

3. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I will check this out tomorrow morning. don't know it off the top of my head.

4. Trigger

5. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

The dog wanted to go outside anyway. I just checked, and I have nothing plumbed into the location you describe. I do have a non-GM pipe plug there however and I did remove my smog equipment a long time ago. I can't remember anything going there though. don't know if this helped or not.

6. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

I checked on mine just now. On mine, the line goes to a T-fitting and splits off from there to three places. One line goes inside the cab just to the right of the heater assembly (prob for heater/AC/vent controls vaccum), one line goes to the far right corner of the firewall (drivers side) to a vaccum canister, and the 3rd line supplies vaccum to the cruise control module. I can take pics if you need them but it looks like that line is just a general vaccum line for various things.

7. Trigger

Pictures would really help me out.

8. Trigger

anyone???

9. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Here you go, with some crude drawing skills to go with it. The red arrow is the vaccum port on the manifold that I think you are talking about. The green lines kinda show where the line goes and splits off to. Let me know if that helps or if it's not the port you're talking about. I didn't see any other lines coming off the back other than that one.

[​IMG]

10. Trigger

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The line that is coming from heater controls was going directly to the cruise control. The port that is red was going to the vent where the egr valve is plugged into. This is SOOOO helpful. I don't think I could say "THANK YOU" enough times. THANK YOU!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

No problem, glad to help out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

Cool pic scrappy!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Trigger

MAF sensor? Can you point it out on this picture? Chilton's is not showing where/what it looks like in book.

14. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

Your truck does not have a MAF sensor. It has a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, it is that flat sensor on a bracket on the passenger side of the throttle body

15. Trigger

Yeah we kinda figured that out after thinking about for a minute. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif