Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 K5 vs 90 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by larryboz, Mar 13, 2004.

1. larryboz

larryboz Registered Member

I am looking at 2 K5s tomorrow and ones an 88K5 350 TBI auto 4"inch lift 33x12.5x15 Black with maroon interior owner says one rust spot on bottom of door thats it 3500.obo Probably more rust but I will find it if it is there.

the other is a 90 K5 Again owner says no rust. Brand new 8" Superlift brand new 36" tires and new wheels, Blue 350 TBI auto. Now here is the kicker replaced stock 10 bolt in rear with a 12 bolt 4.10 but front is geared something else so can't put in 4 wheel. He says everything is mechanically perfect and power everything. He has lost interest in it when it got hit on the drivers side and needs new door and bedside just body damage he wants 4300.00 obo it started out at 5500.00 about a month ago. He says tires and lift only have a 1000 miles on it when it got hit. What do you think it will cost to get the bedside replaced and I already have new door that I had for my other K5. What would the gear change in the front cost me to get replaced becasue I don't know how to set gears up?

Are there major differences in years? The motors should be the same as well as the trannies? Give me your thoughts or suggestions?

I am taking pics of both tomorrow as well as driving both.

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

$4300 sounds kind of high if it is damaged that bad, unless the rest of it is pristine with low miles. Replacing the rear quarter and door could easily be over $2000 if you pay a body shop to do it. It all depends on how bad the damage is. Maybe you're going to wheel it hard and don't really care about the body being in perfect shape? /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Keep looking... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wouldn't buy a vehicle that is lifted already unless it was from a CK5 member.

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea what he said, you never know what has been cobled here AND there /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif