Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 K5 w/o motor... Whats it worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bushwhacker, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Found a guy thats got an 88 K5 and he needs some money real bad. He is going to pull the crate motor out of the truck to put in another vehicle and wanted $400 for for the rest of the truck, less motor. It ran and drove fine. It is in good shape, has cold air. the inside is all there but could use some cosmetics. The only thing obviously wrong is that it looks like the 10 bolt rear has exploded(dented cover and hole in the housing). Would it be worth buying to scavenge/sell parts off of if I can get it for $200 to $300 bucks? Let me know what you all think.
    Thanks,
    Clay Shiver
    84 K10

2. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

i think you should jump on the deal,10bolts are really cheap at junk yards,getting another crate motor isnt too expensive lets see 300$for truck,100$rearend,500-1000$for motor,nice blazer for 1500$ Ill take it!!! or maybe future trail rig that you tow to keep your rig running???

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hell yea go for it man!!...but i dont think anybody can top my blazer..84..i got for 75 dollers with a new tailgate..less moter, tranny, t-case, and shafts..but thats what my 85 is for! haha

Bryan

4. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

GO FOR IT MAN!!!OR I WILLLLL.(just kidding)but go for it!!!
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. johnny_reb87

johnny_reb87 Newbie

Sounds like a great deal to me! I got my 88 K-5 for $3000. It was complete and has 33" tires on Pacer 15" rims and it sure sounds like you could have the same thing for a lil over half that price. Jump on it dude!

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I can top it. We just got Donna's K5 2 weeks ago. It is a fully loaded 90. The guy delivered it from his place (3 hours from here). He drove it here and total cash outlay was $94.60. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I have about $300 in it now. Not to bad for a realitively rust free running and driving 90 K5.

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

even if the body is rough, that wouldnt be bad, but since you didnt mention horrible rust it sounds like a great deal...

8. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The guy is kind of backing out of the deal on me I think. Not sure yet. But if he says ok , I will snatch it real quick. Thanks for the input guys.

Clay
    84 K10 D44 14B 4.10's 8" Superlift 36"MT Bajas

9. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Gotta do it, I just did. Got an 81 for $200CDN no motor, traded a cd player for a 350 top to bottom, $100 bucks worth of body panels off thumper, and now i just have a lot of work to do, but i end up with a relativly rust free, strong running 81 blazer for $300 and a CD player! The best thing i ever done. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif