Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

-88 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4_76, Jul 24, 2001.

1. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Hi!

I'm thinking of buying -88 K5 that has 350 TBI +4-speed man. with 31" tires.I like more diesels but that one seems to be so good condition (exept paint) that I'd like to buy it.I was just wondering that what would gas mileage be?Guy who's selling it couldn't say it for certain.Oh,and it has original throttle body replaced with Holleys.Does that make any difference in MPG good/bad?

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Just off the top of my head, I'd estimate between 12-18 mpg. No real way to tell without knowing the total condition of everything, gears, etc.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Well, my 87 got anywhere from 11.5-15MPG w/ 3" body lift, 33" tires and 3.73s. So I'd guess you'd get similar mileage. However, the holley TBI unit has more flow, so you may eat more gas. But, the main thing is that it's stock. So it'll get good mileage for a fullsize truck. I say go for it if it's in good condition. If you don't like the mileage you get with it.. look for a stock TBI unit... it'll just bolt right up.

<a target="_blank" href=http://billybob87k5.50megs.com>Homepage of Porky & Stinky</a>
    Billybob, the REAL <font color=red>Bionic Redneck</font color=red>

4. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys!

I was thinking that it would be something like that.But when I shift 4-low and wheeling,MPG will go up and a lot.But highway and normal use,let me think...about 32 Kmiles/year,so fuel expenses would be between $2484 and $4014.One gallon of 95 octane fuel costs here about $3,6 so it's damn expensive.I think I take 6.2D instead.I guess I would get something like 20 MPG or so...fuel expenses would be near $1860+tax.Depends on how the truck is registered.It's either $121/year or $571/year.