Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 lifted k5

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by muddybuddy, Aug 27, 2005.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

Jan 29, 2004
    ive got an 88 k5 black/red 2-tone that I'm thinkin about selling.

350tbi/700r4/208 with 122k miles on body, the previous owner said the engine and trans were rebuilt about 30k miles ago and it runs perfect. It also has New 3" exhuast stainless steel cat-back that i put on just yesterday!

its got a new BDS 8" lift all leaf springs, no blocks, that i just put on 2 months ago. It has a 4" raised steering arm along with 4" drop draglink. New rear driveshaft and new u-joint up front. Also has 15x10 American Racing rims and 35x12.50 BFG ATs with about 7500 miles on them. it has the factory 10bolts with 3.73 gears. i was planning on doing a 3/4ton swap and new gears but didnt get around to it. front has warn premium locking hubs

it has a pop up sunroof and 2 KC daylighters. ALso has a CB radio and 3foot whip K10 antenna. all the carpet from the interior has been ripped out, rust spots were fixed with metal and bondo. all bare metal was then primed and then completely herculined. it still has stock radio from 1988, but you wouldnt buy this truck for the stereo.

the body and paint is in extremely good condition for its age. the only parts that need cosmetic care are the passenger inner fender-well which you could find used online, the driverside door has a rust hole in it by the handle, but its been filled with bondo and black paint to prevent it from spreading, temporary fix. the passenger side door also has a small ding in it from a rock that was kicked up from another truck. there is a little surface rust on the tailgate, but not much.

basically if you find 2 doors and a inner fenderwell online, the body would be in perfect condition.

i also have a 3/4ton 14bolt full floater with 4.10 gears that i was planning to swap in, it need to be overhauled, and i have the kit for it but i need to sell the truck so i cant do it. The axle and overhaul kit go with the truck. i trashed the drums so its ready for disc conversion. also have new wheel studs as well.

i also have 5.13 gears for 10b/14b that are up forsale in various forums. for an addition cost you can get those too.

I'm askin $6500 for this thing + the 14bolt, i will also throw in a pair of flat knuckles for cross-over steering at no charge. ITS VERY NEGOTIABLE

thats pretty much the only pics i have now, but i will post more, just need another sunny day

all reasonable offers will be seriously considered! i need this gone before i can buy a better daily driver!

willing to work out some kind of meeting spot if distance is an issue.

thanks, james