Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'88 Suburban body bushing supplier?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GaBnn3, May 22, 2006.

1. GaBnn3

GaBnn3 Registered Member

I took on a nightmare for a newbie. I started with the intention of replacing rusted quarters, only to find that I needed to replace the tailpan, which the quarters bolt to. In order to replace the tailpan, I need to loosen (replace) the body bolts and bushings. LMC Truck has some rather pricey bushings at $250. Does anyone know of a reasonabl priced source for these bushings. Also, any tips would be appreciated. What is the best way to replace them?

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I bought the complete set from LMC and only used a few. There really is no easy way to do them. I will see if I still have the ones I didn't use lying around. If so you can have them for shipping price, then just get the ones you need.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think the energy suspension poly bushings are about $80/set.

With your truck being that rotten, there is no way in heck after you get everything fixed and solid, that any ride quality changes attributable to only the harder body mounts, will be noticeable. :)

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I still have the ones I didn't use lying around. There yours if you want them. I used 3 or 4 mounts and the rest are still packaged up. PM me if you want them.

5. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    Think your Sub is rotten? Wait 'tii u see mine...

Luckily I blew the motor in my '86 1/2t 6.2 Sub, because I wuz going to fix it. It has "tissue paper" aft of the rear (side) doors. Now I bought a "better" '87 3/4t 6.2, but even tough it was undercoated to death, the body mounts are all rotten. Pix to follow...
    I checked around, and LMC is it. The poly guys might just give you a few generic nuts and bolts. LMC doesn't offer the poly bushings with OEM hardware. I called 'em and whined big time. They're too big to care. "Buy the OEM style, toss the rubber and use the POLY". Just like HarleyDavidson and Vance & Hines.
    My rotten but reliable plow truck on right, Mint but overloaded twin on left...

Andrew3 005.jpg