Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'88 Suburban body question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GaBnn3, Jun 7, 2005.

1. GaBnn3

GaBnn3 Registered Member

I do my own mechanical, but not a body man. I bolted on some replacement panels to fix my rusted suburban, but I can't find any rear outer wheelhouse panels. These extend from the quarterpanel wheel opening up to the inner wheelhouse panel (the humps in the bed), and have extension panels on the front and rear to keep the splash from going up between the quarters and inner bed wall. Are there any such things available? I'm open to suggestions.

2. basketcase

basketcase Registered Member

couldn't find them for mine either, had a body man friend cut the centers from an old set of pickup wheelwells he had since mine were only rotted in the centers. worked great and you cant tell it was done once he undercoated it. cost about 400 bucks to have it done. could have been cheaper if i removed my own interior, but i was too busy so i let him do it.