Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 tbi sending unit question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by darkshadow, Apr 18, 2006.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

on the wiring diagrams i have checked for 88 the wires at the pump are labled pink, and tan/white.

on my truck i have purple and white.

the purple wire has 5.8-6 volts, and the white has nothing ( pump not working btw)

need to jumper the wires to see if i can get some more time out of this truck and need to know which is the guage and what is the power.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

With key on, engine off, there should definitely be NOTHING voltage-wise to the fuel pump wire. You can always put 12V to the test connector on the wiring harness at the fuel pump relay. (red single wire)

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah the 6 volts is with key in the ON position.

man i could do this if i ever get 5 min when i am not at work, need to start at 3 am tomorrow to drive 5 hours to a job, this whole working for a liveing thing sucks

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That's why I'm glad working on vehicles is a hobby for me. It would suck repairing cars all day then come home and have to think doing it for free. :)

At least it gives you something to look forward to.

You could also look at the wiring at the fuel pump relay and oil pressure switch to see which(if) of those two wire colors runs to both of them. Doesn't mean GM didn't change the wire color mid-stream, because they do sometimes, but if you find the same color wire at the relay and or oil pressure switch, you can test continuity between the that wire and the two wires at the tank plug. Even if the colors don't match, you could still test for continuity.