Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

88 V2500 no start

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by k20, Feb 8, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ok, well some of u may remember my post from last weekend in the garage forum about a friend who got a free truck. Anyway when u turned the key it clicked once. Well today went out there and changed starters. Well the dang thing still does the same thing! I got a severely cramped up neck for nothin. Ok what is next to look at? What really sucks is its in a parking lot and not even at either one of us' houses. Lord i had forgotten what a pain it is to work on a stock height vehicle. Ok any ideas? I know its a double post but i posted in garage 1st and 4got about this forum...

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Is the engine froze up? Will it turn over? There is a bolt on the end of the crank shaft. Put a socket on it and see if you can turn the engine over by hand With the ignition OFF of course.
    If that truck has been sitting a long time it may have got water in it somehow. Or condensation may have formed rust and locked up the engine.
    I read your other post and it seems like you tried about everything else

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

it turns over now, with another batt hooked up, but its slow, but it does turn.......