Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89/90 K5 parts into 73-75 K5? will they fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Apr 26, 2004.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Picking up a 73 K5 later this week. Its missing the seats, steering column, etc. I have a nice set of seats and column from a 89 and 90 K5. What would it take to make them work in the older K5?

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Picking up a 73 K5 later this week. Its missing the seats, steering column, etc. I have a nice set of seats and column from a 89 and 90 K5. What would it take to make them work in the older K5?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would be able to use the front buckets with the '73 brackets. The column will bolt in but require some rewiring to make it functional (simple if you keep the dash mounted wiper and floor mounted dimmer, more involved if you want to use the column mounted acc's). Rear seat I'm not sure about though.

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

You can make anything fit with the right tools :P We have seen evidence of this many times on this website /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The rear seat is different; later model ones have the flip-down and hook in the front, snap in the back. The Burb 3rd seats are like that. Early model rear seats just bolt down on the corners.

So, umm, the rear seat from an 89/90 won't drop onto a 73-5, without tweaking anyway. Now, if the 73/5 has the seat hardware, you might be able to mix-n-match, otherwise, I see some welding in your future.

-- A

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Also the '73-77 seat is raised of the floor, while the '78-91 seat sits on the floor and makes use of an extended cab floor for a foot well.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Are you gonna use the dash bezel? When they moved the wipers to cloumn in 84 the headlight switch moved up like an inch or so. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

bring the seat and the correct dimensions mike... a couple of minutes with the plazma and weldor and it will fit... I have a late model seat here for a mockup if you want... not sure that helps.. actually now that I think of it it doesnt... my seat is free though.. does that help?
    /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    cam