Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89-91 Grill Swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cryptobiotic, Jan 15, 2003.

1. cryptobiotic

cryptobiotic Registered Member

I am planning on doing a grill swap from my 83 to a 89-91 style front clip, as far as i can tell anythng from an 81 and up it is pretty easy all you need is parts, i got a list of parts but i was wondering if anyone knows of any for sale or where i can find the parts for cheap? please let me know /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ive posted in the "wanted" section before... and I get offers for around 400-450... too steep for me at the time. You can always check junkyards. Etc.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I bought the whole front setup from a junkyard for $350. All they did was take a saw and cut around the front and give it too me. I got about 6" inches of the front fenders with it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I think LMC sells all the parts to put one together.

I bought a hood, front fenders, innner wheelwells, core support, grill, headlight doors, headlights, parking lights, front fascia, and AC condensor for $200.

It had a smashed fender but other than that was in pristine shape. The paint on the headlight doors is faded but that's it. It'd been sitting there for a month until my Dad asked me on the phone one day "do you want to buy some fenders and a hood for $200?" I said, "sure". Then I found out it was everything still all bolted together. I was looking for fenders and inner wheelwells at the time. Some guy smashed his Jimmy and was parting it out so I got the whole front clip for $200.

Moral of the story: keep your eyes open. Chances are if these vehicles are in a junkyard they've already been robbed of their front clip.