Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89-91 K5's vs. 92 style Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flash_point, Feb 21, 2002.

1. flash_point

flash_point Registered Member

89-91 K5\'s vs. 92 style Blazer

Which would you guys choose? I really like both styles & am saving to buy a Blazer but don't know which one would be better. I personally do not have a preference of one over another. What are the good & bad things about each rig when compared side by side? Or are they just the same vehicle w/ different interiors & body?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: 89-91 K5\'s vs. 92 style Blazer

92 is when IFS came out on the Blazers. Also, they had the newer body style in which there is no removable top. Stick with the older ones.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

The 92 up looks more aerodynamic and probably is fuel efficency wise. Other than that the 91 and back are WAY COOLER! Most people don't even realize they have the removable top. A really good auto OD tranny and such cost efficent lift methods compared to its newer style brothers. Where they equal out is that All two dorr blazers and Jimmy's were discontinued in 99 I believe so they are all classic collectors items!

Definately a pavement pounder...with the caveman clutch

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

4. flash_point

I didn't know that the lift kits were cheaper on the 2nd gen Blazers, that's really good. I think that I'm gonna get like an '89 Blazer and use that money that I would of had to of spent on a '92 for &amp; use that for many mods. Hell I would come out so much cheaper too :D Thanx guys

5. Penthos

Penthos Registered Member

I'm a bit biased, but I like the '91 best (wink, wink). Really, any of the pre-1991 Blazers I like better than the 92+. IMHO.

'91 Blazer V10, 350HO

6. flash_point

What is so special about the '91? All I know is that their production numbers are extremely low.

7. Penthos

Penthos Registered Member

There isn't anything specifically special about the '91, I just happened to find one that I liked best. When I was shopping around for K5's the '89-'91 were what I wanted for two reasons: 1) I wanted a newer Blazer, but not newer than the '91 and 2) I personnally like the front end with the quad lights best (of course, I could've bought an older K5 and updated the front-end, but since I was looking for a used one I limited my search). So in the end, my choice was just what I happened to like best.

'91 Blazer V10, 350HO