Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89-91 rear seatbelts??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BulldogK5, Oct 14, 2002.

1. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I ran a check & came up empty. My 91 has the shoulder belts bolted to the top. One side is missing bolts but I was wondering what anyone does for restaints when you remove this style top. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

the 91 is the only one with the shoulder belts in the rear... if you are talking about the rear.

3. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

Yup I have a 91 and mine are overhead...is there a quick release on them to disconnect them for cap removal? I havent had a chance to look

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

The spring mechanism that hold the top of the belt is bolted to the cap with 2 bolts. I could not find a way to mount the box anywhere else once the cap was off, so i ended up cutting mine and turning them into permanent lap belts. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Probably not the best idea, but it works.

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

i just pulled the bout fron the floor, so that i could put it back in.

6. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I just unbolt mine from the top. Two bolts per side and they are down. As for the passengers in the back I've only had more than two people with me 3 times and never with the top off. If it's just one person I tell them to sit in the middle where the belt is. I've thought about getting some lapbelts but that's money I'd rather spend somewhere else /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 Jimmy and they are bolted to the top /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So I just unbolted them from the floor. At the time they were striped out so I had a nut welded on them and finally got them out with an impact wrench. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Mine is a '90 and had those too. I bought 2 lap belts from Checker Auto and put those in. The floor bolts were very hard to get out and required some heat, but it didn't take too long.