Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 and up grill I think, help please?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sled_dog, Mar 25, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

what are you asking? Are you looking for the single headlight grille or the dual? I have the dual...link is in my profile

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

single headlight

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I think you are talking about the one that uses a single 5"x7" sealed beam above a turn signal lamp instead of those tiny side by side quad beams that most 89-91 trucks use. I agree it does look nice. A conversion would work. Those were usually used on base model subs. Most of the fire dept. and police subs. used them. I have never seen it on a K5 but i'm pretty sure they were available. Every one I have seen was on the 2500 series, but they were probobly available on the half tons. It was not too common though (around here anyway) /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Not real common around here either, probably part of why I like it. Looks like it wouldn't require rewiring compared to mine.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i think they came on liek the cheyenne models....

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

you might want to keep your grill and just paint the center of it the same color as your truck...thats how mine is, and it really makes a difference..
    [​IMG]

8. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine has a 90 wiht the single headlights... i personally like the dual headlight ALOT better.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

see I liked the duals a lot better too but you didn't see this truck I did, he had the entire grill except the chevy symbol painted the same color as the front of the truck(rest was different color with custom paint job). And loudnowlouder I did do that and your right it made the truck look much better. We actually did it right after the picture I posted the link to was taken.