Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 blazer suspension kits

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89 k5 blazer, Jan 26, 2003.

1. 89 k5 blazer

89 k5 blazer Registered Member

I've seen alot of suspension kits for blazers years 87 and below. are these kits compatable with the 89. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Yes they are /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Almost every lift system I have seen has seperate listings for the 88- 91 Blazers and Subs. I'm not sure what the diference is. But I know that the frames are diferent in the front on the 88 and up than the eariler models.
    Just to be safe I think I would order one for your year.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

K5's take the same springs from 1973 through 1991. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif If you notice, most listings lump 73-87 K5's, 1/2-ton Subs, and 1/2-ton pickups into the same category. However, the pickup trucks totally changed in 1988 and take a completely different lift kit. 88-91 K5's and Subs take the same lift kit as previous years, unless you want lifted rear springs. In that case, the Subs have longer rear leafs, so they take a different rear spring than the K5's. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

The only difference in the kits is the size of the rear bolt that goes into the shackle. My kit ended up giving me the wrong size bushing insert, so I had to search for a different bushing insert so my larger stock bolt would fit. You may have to go throught that...