Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'89 cherokee

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by RGV72BLAZER, Jan 19, 2007.

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Jan 23, 2006
    Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    a buddy of mine is finally set to sell his '89 cherokee. here are the specs:

motor -- inline 4.0
    tranny -- AX 15 with a clutch that was recently replaced
    t-case -- NP 231 with P.O.R.C. SYE
    custom driveshafts
    suspension -- A mixture of suspension parts from mostly Rubicon Express. Rubicon express 4.5" zj coils, Rubicon express rear lift leaves, rocky road bb shackles, front 5150 10" travel shocks (awesome). Brakelines are some nice very long braided stainless steel lines. It will have when bought a brand new set of Rockkrawler long arms to sweeten the already sweet suspension. No swaybar
    axles -- dana 30 front, 4.88s, lockright locker, converted to 1 piece shafts from 2001 xj (no leaks) with bigger 760x u-joints. rear axle is mopar 8.75 *(behind hemi cudas) with welded carrier and 4.88s that whine (however we have some brand new in box yukon 4.88 gears that will be provided). The rear axle is strong as hell
    wheels/tires -- 15x8 with 3.75" backspacing black rockcrawler wheels with 36" super swamper iroks mounted over them. Have another as spare that will be thrown in as well...not a donut spare but a full size spare to match.
    extras -- power windows and locks and alarm (think they still all work, removable door mod, k&n filter, aftermarket tow hooks and proper brackets, warn t-case skid, factory gas tank skid, factory tow hitch

to sweeten the deal -- it is waiting for a brand new rockkrawler 3-link suspension for the front. need to install it. will include a full width d-44 hp 8-lug in with the deal with homemade brackets and nib lower ball joints and nib R.E. truss for a full width conversion .

he told me he wants 4K, which is not a bad price for a great wheeler. but he's also looking for 1 tons so he could take those as a partial trade as well. here the pics...pm me or give him a call if you're interested, want more pics, or have questions.

his # Brian 9565789038

beside the fact that this is my buddy's yeep, this thing actually wheels pretty darn good. it's shown up some the better built yeeps in our area. of course the same thing can't be said when facing a K5 :D :haha: