Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 chevy crew cab 4x4 limits?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scotty1, Apr 7, 2002.

1. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I have come across a 1ton crew cab 4x4 for a potential project. I know these long wheel base vehicles do not make the best off roaders but I could use the extra interior space and the bed space to haul things when needed. I would plan to lift the truck to fit 35" or even 38" tires with the smallest amount of lift, I don't have any problems cutting fenders. I want a locker, Detroit, in the rear and the vehicle will get used on the road as well as offroad. If would like to hear from anyone who has had good/bad experiences with these trucks, what mods you have done and how well these mods have worked? Thanks much for your help, Scotty

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i had at one time an 86 4x4 4door k30 single rear wheels it did good in the mud but you needed alot of space also if you drove it in town you have a hard time parking it in a parking space or going through a drive thru you be running over the curbs but i did like the room the truck has