Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 crewcab, need suspension help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stoney126, Nov 2, 2005.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Hi all, i just picked on hell of a nice truck. It's a 89 crewcab 3500 4x4 with a lil over 87000 miles on it. It has a 454 tbi and 400 tranny.It has a 6inch superlift springs up front and blocks in the back.( not sure what size will measure tommorw)And rides on 33's
    I love this truck and got it for 6k, a great deal IMO. Only thing is the ride is a bit harsh.
    The truck is a family outing truck for me my wife and sister who lives with us. My sister has back issues and the short rides we have taken are bothering her.

I am unfamiliar with 1 ton suspension and am looking for ways to soften the ride up so i dont have to medicate my sister every time we go camping. Are airbags a good way to go? Would replacing the blocks help at all?
    Any help is much appreciated

2. CrewCab59

CrewCab59 1/2 ton status

harsh ride

The 1 ton's crewcab do ride rough ,you won't notice it until you ride in the back seat.You can install about 500 lb in the bed and it will be smooth.

Thanks
    CrewCab59

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

6" Superlift

nuff said :doah:

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

try removing a leaf from the packs, see if that helps, it helped mine out a bit, but i believe i have alittle more body weight than you

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you dont hall big loads then take out some leafs from the rear packs. thay mostlikly have 8-10 leafs per side. then get a flip kit for the rear shackle hanger. this will help big time. and superlift springs are hard ride.

6. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

I swapped my rears for 6" Tough Country springs. I liked the ride after that. Sold the stock springs for $60.

7. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I have 4" softride springs by skyjacker (I believe) on my 90 crew cab dually. They were on it when I bought it. They do ride soft. As a matter of fact, a little too soft for my tastes. My 3/4 ton Ford rode rougher with it's stock suspension! Anyway, I'm looking for springs that will make the ride feel more like a truck. So, if you're looking for a soft ride, I'd check them out.

ARAMP1