Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 Engine bay photos?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by unsane, Nov 15, 2002.

1. unsane

unsane Guest

anyone know where I can get some photos of the engine in an 89-91 blazer or jimmy. Gonna put my engine back in and its been awhile since i took it out. ths engine rebuild has been a nightmare from the getgo. Last night I was setting up the valves and "SNAP" I broke of the crank nose bolt while turning the engine. WTF!!!! if that wasnt enough, I drilled it out and put my trusty e-z out in there and "SNAP"
    what the ^%$#!!!! So needless to say them suckers dont dril out to well at all. Can you say 5 hours with a dremel and still not out yet? Just a total nightmare from the start. I am affraid to even start it when I do get it back in. Thanks for your help. This Site rules the planet. thanks -Eric

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

don't know if i can help ya, but i can take pics of my engine and e-mail them to ya if you want.. but it's my daily driver and installed, so i don't know if it'll help ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. RockyRider13

RockyRider13 1/2 ton status

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Click my little link in my sig and I should have 1 or 2 in there somewheres /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. unsane

unsane Guest

I have to get ths damn e-z out drilled out first. Best luck so far has been a dremel with a grinding stone on it . Talk about slow tedious process!!! A drill bit wont even touch this e-z out. I think ts made from kryptonite something. It is ridiculous to drill. Any ideas? -Eric

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have a few somwhere in my webshots of the engine bay on my 89 suburban.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif