Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 k5 won't start, here's what it's doing. HELP !!!!.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Oct 23, 2003.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

89 k5 won\'t start, here\'s what it\'s doing. HELP !!!!.

Wen't to start the black and grey 89 blazer yesterday. Turn the ignition and it turns over, but it's not getting fuel to the tbi. I hear a buzzing noise from under the hood, I trace it to a relay on the passenger side firewall.
    It's mounted on a bracket next to the accessory underhood light. It buzzes loudly.
    Does anyone know what this is?

I took the same relay off my other 89 Blazer, plugged it into the black/gray 89 and same thing. Swapped this relay from truck to truck.. the white 89 started with each one.
    Anyone ever had this problem?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Re: 89 k5 won\'t start, here\'s what it\'s doing. HELP !!!!.

Fuel pump relay. Check the fuel pump fuse, ECM fuse, crank fuse, and also voltage at the relay coil when cranking. I'm not sure how familiar you are with TBI or electrical, so my response was short. Post up what you need /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 89 k5 won\'t start, here\'s what it\'s doing. HELP !!!!.

Here's the schematic so you can check the voltage at the relay! Hope that helps!

Sounds more like a shot relay to me though! Should cost about $10 at AutoZone!

-Dan