Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

89 motor q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Feb 1, 2003.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

89 motor q\'s

Hey if i take the tbi engine out of a 89 and replaced it with a built crate engine what do i do for the trans cause doesn't it shift by the computer which gets it's input from the engine??????? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif 1989 k5 350

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Re: 89 motor q\'s

No infact i unhooked my Com from my trans b/c it was lockin down the convertor and i just said fuk it i dont need it anyway and its shifted fine and doesnt lock down anymore so get less MPG but i can still go like 250miles on like 16-20 gals prob more but i never let the truck run outta gas so idk the mpg for sure. BTW i have a 700R4 and i think you should too! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

3. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: 89 motor q\'s

you can get a kit from painless wiring to make the tranny work on its own. its a lock up kit, cant remember what it comes with but it allows you to run a lockup tranny on a non lock up, or non computer setup.